Friday, August 8, 2008

Rehearsal Diary 3: Show it to me before opening night

Last night after rehearsal I was standing outside with some of the cast members chit chatting about new musicals and such (nerdy theatre kids...) and my director comes out the door and makes a b-line for me. She pulled me in close to her and said, "Honey, I need you to be louder, and more confident... like you were during auditions!" Taken aback I promptly assured her that I don't know this music, and as soon as I learn it she will hear the confidence & volume she requests. 

This angers me. Never before in my life have I heard this music. Tonight was our first rehearsal, and needless to say I've been listening to the OBC recording, some parts are left out and were never recorded. I have NO IDEA what these parts sound like, so upon singing them, Yes, I am a bit hesitant. "You need to show it to me before opening night", she reprimands me. 

I'm angry. I get into my car and call my voice teacher begging for an emergency lesson. So today at three I will go into my lesson & learn my music. 

AOIGHEO:ENFIPWHFPQEHJROJEQIOGHVBUEGWBFIHQEBFO!!!!!


No comments: