Friday, August 22, 2008

It's more than a sticky situation

Recently a friend of mine from Jr. High passed away, BM. He and I hadn't spoken in quite some time, but nonetheless the loss was quite disturbing. I found out about his passing through Myspace... through which I keep in contact with most of my Jr. High friends. From what I have read/heard he overdosed on an anxiety medication- whether it was to get high, or accidental I am not so sure. Anyway, BM had a girlfriend, AM. Apparently some things have gone on between AM and BM's family (mostly his mother). AM, in her distraught state, has said some things that have worsened the already terrible burden on BM's family. BM's mother has taken over his myspace and continues to post bulletins titled "AM" where she leaves harsh words towards AM. AM never responds. 

AM and BM dated for a long while before his death, and I can only imagine how hard it must be for her not to have him around. While BM's mother is mature and probably more level headed than AM she continues to post hurtful messages regarding BM's death. This seemingly only makes the healing process more difficult for the both of them. She posts telling AM things like this- "BM is NOT watching over you, he is in paradise WITHOUT you." Regardless of the tiff these two women seem to have had it must be disconcerting to hear that about someone you love. In my humble opinion I believe BM's mother should leave well enough alone and get OFF her son's myspace, where things will only be made more difficult. 

What a sticky situation. 

No comments: