Friday, August 1, 2008

Realizing it's no longer all about me.

I'm moving out in fourteen days. Moving into my own apartment with a girl I've only met once. I'm excited. I'm very excited. I thought that at this point in my life my mom and several other family members would be up in arms about me moving out, sharing my nerves and excitement. This is not so, or not so the way I imagined. They're letting me go. I am being let go. The extreme attention I have required throughout my youth is also going away. I will be in my own apartment, paying attention to my own self, and just like every other grown up in the world, I will see my family once or twice a week (maybe more at first). Scary. Scary may not be the right word. Daunting. Daunting is the word I'm searching for. Let me give you an example:

Finding Nemo. Nemo is flushed down the toilet at one point in the movie (sorry for those of you who haven't seen it... but jeez.. if you really haven't seen it... I suggest you get with the times) Nemo slips and slides down the sewer and lands in a part of the ocean that has never been explored by him. This is how I feel. Don't over analyze it or it could become a very disgusting analogy. All I'm saying is, it's no longer all about me... I am being let out of the nest to fend for myself... and this is what I wanted.


Right?

1 comment:

Gavrich said...

I'm excited for you. You will thrive.