Saturday, August 16, 2008

Penguins

I type this in my garage as I am awaiting my father and UncleJ to come and help me move some extremely heavy stuff into my apartment. I am so excited that they're helping me. There's no way I could carry half this stuff up a flight up stairs. =)

I got in around 130am last night and woke up at 630am this morning. Ew, let's not count how many hours...

I got some good advice last night from WP ( a cast member of Oklahoma ). He says, "Kate, don't do anything but be who you are. Just doing that is enough, I promise. Don't be who you think other people want you to be." Seems logical right? Sure enough it's always easier said than done... especially when the person you're throwing this advice at is an actor. He made me feel a bit better about things. Thinking about what WP said makes it easier to cope with what's going on right now amongst the cast. 

Life is confusing, don't you think? Somedays I really sit and ponder the point... not in a scary way... but in a really confused way. 

"We live and we learn to take one step at a time... it's going to happen when it's supposed to happen."

THISMAKESSOMUCHSENSE.

Sometimes it's hard for me to stand on solid ground. It's hard for me to balance everything. I tend to want everything now, and right now. I've forgotten how to be patient, how to be grateful for something I've waited so long for. So along with those other words of advice, WP tells me to be patient. Things don't need to happen overnight. For me, that's pretty much like walking a kid by a candy shop 84 times only to tell him that maybe next month we can stop in and look around... no candy promised. Patience? Gandhi would be ashamed of me...

No comments: