Friday, July 18, 2008

Spoonfuls of peanut butter.

I eat when I'm upset. It's the way I've always been. I've recently been put on a diet of strict low fat, low carb foods and exercise routines. I don't mind much because who wouldn't want to be healthier? I love peanut butter, and because it has protein in it, it's something I am allowed to eat. Obviously not in excess, but I have always been a fan of bending the rules. Lately when I'm upset I go into the kitchen grab a spoon and shovel out a huge scoop of peanut butter. I take it back to my room and eat it. It makes me feel better and I can write it off as a protein.

Here's something I just word vomited onto the page. Take it for what it is, whatever it is, I'm not really sure.

Carousel

Around, around we go on this colorful ride
You are two paces ahead, I'm two behind, but if you turn and look from the other side
it's just the opposite.
I am on my stagnant horse, and you on yours, we turn faster and faster; I can never catch up, you can never fall behind
We beg to go faster, then slower, then faster again, but the change of pace does nothing for our static steeds
As we spin round we hand our tickets off and pay the fee attempting to win a game that was never meant to be won
Our faces sadden as the tickets dwindle and we realize our time left on the ride is short
Neither of us realizing that all we have to do is step off our pedestals and walk off together
Instead we scratch and claw and scream and yell just to keep turning, anything just to keep spinning, keep trying to win the race that can't be won.
You are two paces ahead, I'm two behind, but if you turn and look from the other side
it is just the opposite

No comments: