Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cruelty

I have a Facebook. On Facebook there is an application, or program, you can add called "Honesty Box". This serves as a way to anonymously tell people what you think of them. There have been many sweet comments left in my Honesty Box, encouraging, inspiring, flattering. There have been just as many terrible ones. Tonight I see that yet again, a girl, has left a cruel, cruel comment in my Honesty Box. Too crude for me to post in this blog, I'm afraid. What to do? Of course part of me wants to reply and let her have it. My sensible side quickly calms the storm and comes to the conclusion that all is better left alone. BBF, a very good friend of mine says this : "some people...make other people feel bad cause it makes them feel better about themselves. as...lame and corny as that sounds...it's true." Thank you BBF, I will try and remember that. It's hard, but I will try.

1 comment:

Samson Agonistes said...

Let it go. Is trading jabs over facebook really who you are? Are you reduced to that? Kait, can't you feel it? The time is coming for you to emerge. The cocoon is broken, the light is pouring in. Never devote a shred of your energy to what you won't remember in a week, a month, a year. You will need your energy to navigate as you grow accustomed to new wings.