Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rehearsal Diary 2: "Well excuse me Miss Laurey!"

Better tonight.

I walk in and the director grabs me by my shoulders and says, "LAUREY (sometimes I wonder if she knows my REAL name) GUESS WHERE I GOT A CALL FROM!?" ... she received a phone call from Italy. Italy is where the boy who is playing the second male lead, Jud, is currently. She thinks she would like to make him the first male lead, Curly. We are all happy about this because we NEED a Curly, and low and behold this boy has called... just to check up on everything (weird, right?)... and gets the news that he is the lead. YAY. Halfway through rehearsal a scruffy young man walks in and is immediately cast as the second male lead, Jud. WOO. WE HAVE A FULL CAST. What wonderful news.

This fellow, in Italy, that is going to be playing Curly is very handsome. I saw a photograph. Did I mention that we just so happen to kiss several times throughout the duration of the play?

Everyone was a lot nicer today. I talked to everyone, we all call each other by our character names. I think it's cute. I'm in a much better frame of mind about it now. I am excited to dive into my script and start learning my lines. =)

No comments: