Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dg4






I can't tell you why, but I have some strange connection with this boy- at least in my eyes. Something about him, I'm not sure what makes me feel close to him. I adore Dg4, to an absurd extent. In my eyes, he could do no wrong. Not to say I love him more than my three other brothers, just to say that man, I feel very connected to the kid. I have a memory of him that I will ALWAYS keep. He was about 6 months old, and seeing as he was my dad's first child with my stepmom, I was feeling a bit jealous. I remember being very upset that MY daddy had another kid. I was sitting in the backseat of the car with him one afternoon on the way to my stepmom's mother's house. I stared at him in his car seat. I was caught off guard when he looked at me, straight in the eyes. We stared at each other for a full minute. I knew I would remember that forever. After that, I wasn't jealous of Dg4 anymore, in fact, I learned to love him very, very much. Something in that moment told me that it was OK, and that in some really weird way Dg4 understood, and understood me. I love Dg4, I love Dg4 a lot.

No comments: