Sunday, July 13, 2008

DSE- The Double Shot Expresso

I fall asleep at 4am, and wake up at 12pm extremely tired, so I fall back asleep. I wake up at 1:30pm and try to tell myself that I need to wake up, but I am so tired, so I fall back asleep. I wake up again at 2:30pm and tell myself five more minutes... so at 2:35pm I use all the energy I have to lift myself out of bed. A pathetic existence.

At 2:35pm I sit up in my bed and look around at my messy room. My chaotic life. All of a sudden I am flooded with the list of things to do. It's too much for me to think about, so I crawl out of bed and step out of my room into my family's living space, where, unfortunately, I find my mother. "I wondered if you were going to bother waking up this morning", she grumbles. My mother is currently unemployed, and having no money to go out and do anything, she sits on the couch and watches reruns of Reba, and soaps. She is consistently in a [excuse my french] bitchy mood. I glare at her and walk back into my cave where I crawl back in bed and open up my Mac.

At this point, 2:48pm, I am still so tired. I can't figure out why. I come to the conclusion that in order to do all of the things I need to do I need energy. Coffee. Caffeine. These two thoughts cause me to shut my Mac, and hop in the shower, as I won't ever go anywhere without looking halfway decent... which constitutes hair and makeup. After this lengthy process it's 4:30pm. Almost dinner time and I've barely been awake for 2 hours. I get in the car and contemplate driving all the way to the Starbucks with a drive-thru which is about 7 miles out of my way... seeing as there is a Starbucks right by my house. Gas is expensive, so I chose the closer of the two and reasoned I would just have to walk inside. I survey the inside of this popular coffee shop and once I realize there is no one there I know, I take a breath and walk to the counter. The Starbucks man says, "What can I get for you?" I have no idea. "Something with lots of caffeine" because it's very true. He suggests the Venti Double Shot Expresso with 6 shots of caffeine. I take it. My total is $3.03. A small price to pay for a day's worth of energy. Cheaper than a gallon of gas. I take my very large dose of energy and head to my car and prepare to taste it. I am apprehensive. That's a LOT of coffee. It's yummy. I realize upon drinking a fourth of it that I should probably eat something before downing the rest. Peanut Butter on toast is disgusting to me today, but I eat it anyway.

It's 5:58pm right now, and my DSE has failed me. It has left me feeling ridiculously dizzy and sick. Crap. I could have spent that money on gas. On the bright side, I cleaned out my car, and folded my laundry. I think the only reason I did those things is because I felt badly for having spent money on something so useless. I figured I had to pretend like it motivated me and gave me energy.

Today was a failure, and this post was far too long.

1 comment:

Samson Agonistes said...

Hemingway calls it "The death loneliness that comes at the end of every day that is wasted in your life." Time is the most precious gift we have. When we use it wisely we give a gift to ourselves. When we use in poorly our spirits report the emptiness back to us.