Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oklahoma--- where the wind goes where?

I went and auditioned for Oklahoma! last night @ The Red Barn Theater... which quite literally looks like a red barn. It was a good time. I sang (a very tiny bit of a song from a musical) and then they had me cold read from the script (which requires a southern accent!! So cute!) It was an open audition, so I sang and read in front of my competition, which is good and bad. My Nana came with me and told me afterwards that she saw how much acting filled me up, how all of a sudden my demeanor changed and I looked happy and excited. "Well duh" I told her. It's what I love to do, how could that not make you excited? The director was a very sweet lady, she said she's been directing for years. She did not once look up at anyone performing- she just listened. She said she knows how it feels to be on the other side and she always likes to call people no matter what- so on Thursday she'll be calling us all to let us know what parts we got, or what parts we didn't get. Lucky enough I got to fill out this sheet beforehand that said whether or not I would take ANY part and which part would I like to be considered for (I put the two lead women... again another DUH) I also checked that NO I wouldn't accept any part. I did this not to be snotty, but to prevent myself from spending a ton of rehearsal time on a show that I'm in for less than five minutes. I will be sure and let ya'll know which part I got, or didn't get :p

No comments: