Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mac.

"You and your Macbook were made for each other"- my Macbook manual.

I drove forty five minutes to pick up my Mac at the Fedex store today because I wasn't here when they delivered it. I didn't want to wait around all day tomorrow, so I made the almost thirty mile drive there and back. Absurd? I was just excited.

Today I haven't got much to write about. My mom got a new car today, much deserved. You can simply speak the word "phone" then proceed to command your car to dial "mom" or "home" magically a voice comes from within the car and speaks to you. Yes, it is the voice of your mother, or whoever answered at home, but so cool nonetheless. Talk about convenience.

Today mom started packing up the house. I sat in the kitchen tonight and realized things would never be the same. I stared that the empty refrigerator and suddenly felt a pang i my stomach. Hurt. Sadness. Change. So, I quickly shook it off and headed to my room to drown my sorrows in my brand new, white, shiny, Macbook. Ahh, material things. Such substitute for whatever it is we're looking for and for some reason, cannot find.