Saturday, June 28, 2008

The half and half house.

In elementary school my very best friend was Cheyanne. Cheyanne and I used to go onto the football field at recess, turn ourselves upside down, sit on our heads and look at the sky. If you starred long enough it looked like you could walk on it, or fall into it. We always had intense conversations while doing this. One in particular that I remember quite fondly-- Cheyanne and I decided that since we were going to be best friends forever we would live together when we went to college. We planned that we would live in a dorm room together... and because we were unaware of what a dorm really was we pictured a very large house. Her half would be entirely pink, and mine entirely baby blue. I imagined a large house, with a line down the middle, one half pink, the other blue. Nothing in it had any other color. We were very excited about this and once it was decided we never talked about it again, but I think of it often.

As I get ready to move out of my house and into an apartment with a roommate I barely know, I am wishing I was moving in with Cheyanne, into my blue part of our half and half house.

No comments: