Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What should we name the 3rd roommate?

Apparently, unknown to me until this morning, HH and I have acquired a third roommate. He's small, thin, and doesn't make much noise. He's gone all day and slips in through the door at night to take up residence beneath the couch. Oh, did I mention he's A LIZARD!?

I'm watching The Hills at 2am this morning when I see something scurry across the floor. My first thought is that it's a cockroach, it must be, but just as he passed by my feet I caught a glimpse of him just enough to tell that it was a freaking lizard. I took my 30 seconds to freak out and then reasoned that I shouldn't wake HH because she'll tell me she's not going to touch it, and thus it will not be removed by either of us. I took the advice of a friend (the only one awake at 2am) and left it there. Upon exiting the shower this morning I say to HH, "Just so you know, there's a lizard in here... he's under the couch right now." She replies, "Oh I know, he slips in underneath the door every night. I watch him do it. Then he leaves during the day." It's not that I'm AFRAID of lizards, I just don't like small, fast, slimy things that I can't see very well. Small things that I could wake up to find in my bed, or on the wall above my head.

At any rate, now we have to buy groceries for three, make room for him on the couch, and split the rent, cable and electricity in thirds. At least we don't have to make him a key... he just slips in through the door whenever.

1 comment:

Samson Agonistes said...

Lizards aren't slimy. I'm a boy. Iknow.