Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"The only thing I could ever really need, only one good thing worth trying to be"

I want to know where I got the idea that I won't be happy unless there's a man in my life. Where I picked up the notion that without a boyfriend, significant other ... whatever, I wouldn't be content. I want to know what it was that made me so afraid to be alone. All I know, folks, is that it sucks. It sucks to be dependent on everyone else. It sucks to never be able to fully attach myself to someone because I'm afraid they'll leave, yet never be able to fully be without them.

Dear Mom & Dad,

What exactly happened here?

Love,
Your Daughter


:P.

2 comments:

Samson Agonistes said...

You're young. All you'll ever know about relationships, all that's real, hasn't happened. You think you know because you have strong feelings. Big deal, even animals have strong feelings. It isn't love, it isn't even infatuation, it's chemistry. I know, you're offended. You don't believe it, I can't be right, I'm an idiot. I remember who I was before you were born and I definately qualified as an idiot. Hear this, not for strong legs or a thin waist or all the money anyone could muster would I ever go back. I was an idiot about relationships and love. From what I'm reading, you're an idiot too. But don't worry, it's not permanent. You get wise about it or you come to find out you're just unhappy. I was unhappy for a short time. I didn't like it. I did something about it, and partly got lucky. Either way I came through.

Samson Agonistes said...

I pray you come through too. I love you Cricket.

Dad