Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Deviation

I hopped up on his bed.
"Hurry up and pick the movie."
"Me? Why do I have to pick the movie?"
"Just do it. Ready? Go."
"Fine." He walked over to the case of movies and began to list them.
"How about... The Secretary?"
"OK."
"No, nevermind. You wouldn't like it. What about Closer?"
"Next."
"What!? Why!? Have you seen it?" He turned to me, squatting down in front of the movies.
"Nope, but I hate Natalie Portman."
"I LOVE Natalie Portman."
"I said, NEXT."
"40 Year Old Virgin?"
"I freaking love that movie."
"Ok then, 40 Year Old Virgin it is."
"God, no. I hate that movie."
He glared at me.
"I'm ONLY kidding, hurry up, put it in."
We both defaulted to the nightly search for the controller. It is our routine and goes something like this:
I lift up the pillow and announce it isn't there.
He checks underneath all of the covers and then underneath me at which point I state, "It isn't under me, I'd feel it."
I look on the floor and again announce that it isn't there.
He lifts up the pillow again and finds it there.
As he puts the movie on I think to myself, "I could do this every night for the rest of my life and be completely content."

No comments: