Sunday, May 25, 2008

This is fact, not fiction, for the first time in years.

My best friends, Rj and Cc. Inseperable would be the word I'd use to describe us. Cc and I have been friends since my freshman year, completely immersed in eachother's lives. He knows every detail, as do I. Rj and I have seen eachother more than twice a day, every day, for the past year and a half. I call her every night before I go to sleep and vent about my day. Pre-graduation she called to make sure I had my outfit picked out and if I had noticed the horrible weather. Always telling me where my keys are when I can't remember. I called her once at 1am when my car broke down on a not so safe side of town, she came and retrieved me, then picked me up at 6am the next morning took me to my car and called AAA. She didn't leave my side until I was home safe again. I worked my very first shift at my current job, and was extremely ill. I couldn't make it home before i started vommiting profusely. She came to the park and cleaned me up as I was puking in the bushes. Sure this rambling has no point, but I feel it comforting to reminisce at a time when I can't stop crying.

And these two people, an intricate part of most every breath are leaving very soon. We are all to take seperate paths. Rj left tonight. I got a call from a hysterical Cc and all I could do was listen to him cry. How can you comfort someone when you've yet to learn to comfort yourself?

I have a panicked feeling in the pit of my stomach tonight as I wonder what I'm going to do without these two staples in my life. Sure, everything will be just fine and we'll always keep in contact yadda yadda. For now, it's hard people. It's very hard.

No comments: