Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Someone told me that love would all save us, but how can that be? Look what love gave us... a world full of killing, blood spilling"

I realized today that there's a fine line between thinking you love someone and just being attached. The urge to say "I love you" comes not from a feeling that screams, "undying, unconditional LOVE alert!!" but a fondness developed. A liking, an adoration. Not a groundbreaking, heart wrenching, movie-worthy love(whatever that may be). The caution we take in assuring it doesn't slip out and connote something it shouldn't is very great. For this is something that could potentially disastrous. "No, I didn't mean I love you..." I'm sure the person speaking that line almost never speaks it without sticking a little bit of their foot in their mouth. Anyone saying they don't love you, whether you care for them to or not, is a little awkward (at the very least)... don't you think? So the substitute remains something to the effect of "I adore you". Something non-committal, less scary. All the time wondering if the "I love you" that's trying to pry its way out of your mouth will ever be needed. If this person will ever merit an "I love you", or if they even need to.

On a completely different note: I got absolutley FRIED in the sun today. I forgot how intense the sun can be!! Sunscreen here I come!

3 comments:

Samson Agonistes said...

I'm confused. What are you aiming at again? Maybe it only matters that you get it.

PS It's too late for sunscreen after you're burned.

Samson Agonistes said...

Also, what's up with the song lyrics for title lines? I accept your challenge, I will post my next five posts with lines from songs, it's on!

Samson Agonistes said...

As I've said, it's on. I am so confident I am willing to let you be the judge and jury!