Monday, December 29, 2008

Precious

Ninny is my 4 year old cat. Previous to her I was NOT a cat fan whatsoever. When my mom told me we were getting a cat I reluctantly accepted the fact and helped decide what kind of cat it should be and what it should be named. Mom, Aj, Cj and I decided that this cat should be orange and named "pumpkin". You can imagine my disappointment when Mom came home with a small black kitten. It wasn't long before I was head over heels for this small, fury animal. She quickly became adored by everyone in the household. We named her Pumpkin, which slowly became "punkin" because it was more cute, and easier to say. Unfortunately, that same cat no longer goes by that name. My mother and I often talk in a baby voice to each other and after calling the cat "kitty kitty" the phrase developed into "Ninny Ninny"- long story short my, now, 4 year old, black cat is named Ninny. After all of this rambling I will provide some pictures.

I recently moved Ninny to HE's house after my mother moved. HE is taking her in and housing her for me, as my current roommate is allergic to kitty cats. In order to transport her to HE's house I placed Ninny in a cat carrier. She's never been in one before and FREAKED out when I put her inside. During the 20 minute drive to her new residence Ninny clawed so ferociously at the metal grate that she started to bleed. Turns out she completely tore apart her nails and nail beds. HE and I spent three hours in the vet @ 12am to fix Ninny's predicament, and $200 later she was nearly cured. After thrashing around in her carrier for 20 minutes Ninny was exhaused... here are some pictures of her pooped out at the emergency vet. 


Because she was such a good kitty we bought her a new collar and kitty bed, courtesy of my mom! Here is Ninny adapting to her new home =) :




No comments: