Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gone

You're gone now, but everything we ever did lives on inside of me. I miss you on days like these. Days like the day I wandered into your theatre and caught you staring at me. Days like the day you twirled me around in the rain and professed your undying love to me beneath the safety of a jungle gym. The rain that came on show night, just before curtain and how you helped me onto the stage in my too-tight dress. I wonder what you're doing now and if you're happy. Sometimes I wonder if we sat in a room together what we might say. The things that may transpire. Would I fall in love with you all over again? Would I regret the things I thought but never said, the way I left when it was time to end? Do you remember all the nights we spent wide awake deep in the throes of a knock-down-drag-out fight? These things happened. Where are they now? They lie hidden away only in pictures and memories. I loved you so. I loved you. I wonder, when it's quiet and you can hear the rain, if you ever think of me.

No comments: