Thursday, November 6, 2008

In His Eyes

He stares at me intently. I stare back, surveying his face. His eyes are beautiful. I thought that when I first met him; his eyes are beautiful. They're a bluish green, and they're bright- almost sparkling. In his eyes I see the essence of him. In his eyes I see the boy I fell in love with, and when he looks at me the way he's looking at me now, I fall in love all over again. I lean over and put my hand on his chest. He looks away- shy. He's always been very shy. As I type this he holds onto my arm, gently rubbing it with his hand. I'm watching him lay here in his striped blue pajamas; He's adorable.

I pause my writing to stare at him some more, and when locked in this gaze everything is OK. The only pair of eyes that can ease all the pain. He gets up off of the bed and gets his acoustic guitar. Laying back down he plays while I write, and I'm thinking to myself, "I could do this for the rest of my life". He's handsome- a good looking boy. Dorky in his pajama set, but adorable all the same.

He wrote me a song once, four years ago. I don't remember how it goes anymore.

Tonight, I will go into his bathroom, take off my makeup, come back to bed, lay my head on his shoulder, close my eyes and let him play me to sleep. I can't help but ackknowledge this overwhelming feeling that this is where I'm supposed to be, this is who I am supposed to be, and he is supposed to be here with me, always. Despite everything, all the bad things, it's the moments like this that melt my heart, and make me remember where it all started. In his eyes I see all the reasons why I love him.